Any scholarly scientific journal publisher can participate in ScienceCentral, regardless of the journal’s language. In addition to the quality of the journal’s content, the quality of the XML files should be in the acceptable range established by ScienceCentral. ScienceCentral comprises scientific, technical, engineering, agricultural, and medical journals. The application process is as follows:
The journal publisher or copyright owner should request inclusion in ScienceCentral with a application form. The following information about the journal should be included in web application form <http://www.e-sciencecentral.org/pub/pubinfo/application.php>:
A journal is eligible for inclusion in ScienceCentral after the KOFST’s Advisory Committee for ScienceCentral evaluates its content based on established criteria. KOFST’s Advisory Committee for ScienceCentral comprises well-established journal editors and manuscript editors throughout the world and in many different fields. To be included in ScienceCentral, a journal should be peer-reviewed, and include Roman character bibliographic information, abstracts, and references. After the review, ScienceCentral will inform the publisher of the results. If a journal does not meet ScienceCentral’s content standard, it is recommended that the journal be re-submitted after revision.
The publisher provides ScienceCentral with the full text XML in a JATS XML format. ScienceCentral provides the ftp site to which it should be submitted. The sample files must satisfy the complete requirements of ScienceCentral’s data criteria. Each sample file must be prepared according to the data criteria as follows:
1) JATS XML tagging should be completely produced in accordance with JATS DTD, available from: http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/.
Table should be produced in the format of XHTML. Chemical or mathematical formula should be produced also in the format of XML. Graph files of table or chemical/mathematical formula may not be accepted. Please contact us <http://www.e-sciencecentral.org/about/faq/pub-qna.php>, if any one needs help for JATS XML production.
2) Figure files and other supplementary files should be submitted. The format of figure files should be TIFF or EPS, with at least 600 dpi.
3) The content of the JATS XML files should be the same as the published articles in the form of PDF or full text in the journal’s web site.
4) The number of sample files must be all of the files in one issue, or at least five files if the journal has no issue.
5) XML, PDF, graphic file, and supplementary file names must match exactly.
6) The following metadata information must be provided in each JATS XML file: journal ISSN; publisher; copyright statement; license statement, such as Creative Commons Attribution License; volume number (if present); issue number (if present); page number or sequence number of each article; and date of publication.
After the data evaluation, ScienceCentral will provide the publisher with an error report with required revisions, if necessary. If there is no specific error in the JATS XML files, the publisher continues to step 4. However, if revisions are necessary, the publisher should correct the errors and resubmit the JATS XML files. If an error report notification is repeated three times, the application will be postponed for one calendar year from the original application date.
If the journal passes the data evaluation, ScienceCentral asks the publisher to complete two copies of the ScienceCentral Participation Agreement with the Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies (KOFST). These can be dispatched at first in PDF form and then by airmail. KOFST co-signs two copies of the ScienceCentral Participation Agreement. One copy is returned to the publisher. After signing the Agreement, the publisher can deposit all issues up to the present that are to be included in ScienceCentral. ScienceCentral checks all submitted files to ensure that they fulfill the data criteria completely. If any revisions are needed, the publisher should correct them and then re-submit the files. If that data are all satisfactory, KOFST releases the journal to ScienceCentral with an endorsement to the publisher.
The ScienceCentral Participation Agreements form is available in RTF format.